New contractual requirements came into force from 1st April 2014 requiring that GP practices should make available a statement of intent in relation to the following IT developments:-
- Referral Management – Use of NHS numbers on all clinical communications
- On line appointment booking – Ability for patients to book appointments online
- On line booking of repeat prescriptions – Ability for patients to request repeat medications online
- Summary Care Record – Summary Care Records provide healthcare staff with faster, easier access to reliable information about you to help with your treatment .
Please visit http://systems.hscic.gov.uk/scr for more information.
- GP2GP transfers – GP2GP enables the Electronic Health Record (EHR) of a patient to be transferred securely and directly to a new practice when the patient registers at that practice. The EHR should be available at the new practice within 24 hours of the patient registering – but will normally be a lot quicker than this.
Please visit http://systems.hscic.gov.uk/gp2gp for more information
- Patient Access to records – Patients can have access to their medical record online, the government have mandated that practices must offer patients access to their medication, allergies and adverse reactions. Please visithttp://www.england.nhs.uk/ourwork/pe/patient-online/po-public/ for more information
Cressex Health Centre is working closely with our System Suppliers and it is our intention to have all these developments available to our patients.